WCOOP 2020 with $80M GTD starts on August 30
The 19th WCOOP at PokerStars is coming. The organizers have marked August 30 as the start date of this poker festival, and until September 23, players will be able to fight for their share of an impressive total guarantee.
During the series, a total of $80 000 000 will be played in 225 tourneys. Besides, there will be 75 unique events, each having three buy-in levels (low, medium, and high).
By tradition, a key tournament of the WCOOP will be the $5 200 Main Event with $10 000 000 GTD. For thirteen years, a WCOOP Main Event champ has received a minimum of $1 000 000 in prize money, and this year will be no exception. In due time, famous poker player Fedor Holz also managed to capture this tournament.
PokerStars reported the launching of the series in an amazing promo video:
WCOOP 2020 Highlights
- Number of NLH tournaments: 150.
- Number of events with $1 000 000 GTD and above: 23.
- The cheapest buy-in: $2.20 WCOOP-1-L.
- The most expensive buy-in: WCOOP-25-H (NLHE Super High Roller for $25 000).
- The biggest guarantee: $10 000 000 in the Main Event.
Player of the Series and Prize Draw
During the WCOOP 2020, tournament participants will also compete for the Player of the Series title. There will be three "Player of the Series" leaderboards, featuring $100 000 as a total prize pool. The one who manages to earn the biggest number of points for hitting the ITM zone of WCOOP events of particular limits will become a winner.
In addition, PokerStars will give away prizes in the form of tournament tickets during the festival. In total, the poker room will raffle $1 500 000 in tickets to WCOOP events. The rules for participation are quite straightforward:
Take part in WCOOP 2020 tournaments → earn tickets to the daily prize “lottery” and get your prizes.
Six lucky players will play the $25 000 Super High Roller, and each of the three daily “lottery” winners will receive a $5 200 Main Event ticket. Also, $100 000 in tickets will be raffled among Twitch viewers.
WCOOP 2020 Main Details
- Almost all WCOOP 2020 tournaments are 2-day events. On the first game day, poker players will fight for about eight hours, and the next day, the game will go on until the winner is determined.
- Limited number of re-entries.
- Day off every Friday. It means that there will be no WCOOP tournaments on Fridays for the players to have a break.
- You can get into tournaments after qualifying through Fast Track system that has four steps.
So far, this is all the key information on the upcoming WCOOP 2020 at PokerStars. The full WCOOP 2020 schedule can be found on Cardmates website soon. We’ll keep you abreast of the start time for all tournaments of the series. Register at PokerStars and become a WCOOP champ!