Sam Soverel lost the battle for the bracelet
Soverel has one gold bracelet and more than $10,000,000 which he won in the live tournaments. Sam was very close to his second trophy in the tournament with $50,000 buy-in at WSOP 2019, but he lost to Denny Tang. Denny Tang’s A-J beat Sam Soverel’s A-3 in the last hand of the tournament.
Denny Tang is a poker player from Hong Kong who managed to beat 123 players in order to win the main trophy. On the way toward his victory he knocked out several world-famous high rollers: Steffen Sontheimer, Adrian Mateos, Ali Imsirovic and others.
Denny together with his friend Anson Tsang became the only players who won the bracelets for Hong Kong. Tang did not hide his joy and emotions while talking to the journalists:
"It means absolutely everything. Being one of the ambassadors for Hong Kong and Asia, and to just win the first bracelet in Las Vegas in a No-Limit Hold'em event. It's just unreal. Words can't describe it."
Final table results:
- Denny Tang (Hong Kong) – $1,608,000
- Sam Soverel (USA) – $994,000
- Michael Adamo (Australia) – $697,000
- Brandon Adams (USA) – $500,000
- Adrian Mateos (Spain) – $367,000
- Keith Tilston (USA) – $275,000
- Ali Imsirovic (USA) – $212,000
- Seth Davies (USA) – $167,000