Online poker game implies the possibility to use a number of supportive programs that are intended to simplify the game process.
On the official website of PokerStars, there is a list of permitted and prohibited programs, which a player can use while the client is running.
Permitted programs at PokerStars
PokerStars allows using programs which:
- Give the basic information on the game (pot odds, strength of the hand).
- Statistic and referential information (charts of starting hands).
- Monitor and provide game statistics on opponents.
This way, you are able to use the following programs at PokerStars:
- Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker – programs for collecting game statistics, systematization of information and your game analysis.
- StarsHelper is a program to optimize and simplify the game process.
- Sharkscope is a statistic site that collects all the information on poker tournament results.
Prohibited programs at PokerStars
The security system of PokerStars may block your account for using the third-party programs that have the following functionality:
- Creation of a common database (mining) and other programs that make a team play (collusion) possible.
- A game without human’s intervention (bots), or reducing the need of the human’s participation in the game (auto-fold).
- Collection of statistics on players if you are not at the table.
- Providing tips on the real-time game (helpers).
- Ability to manipulate the opponents in games, where a table selection is impossible (for example, Spin&Go tournaments).
Examples of prohibited programs at PokerStars:
- SessionLord is a program for automatic placing at the tables.
- SpinWiz is a program that helps to select tables in Spin&Go tournaments.
- WarBot and PokerBot+ are programs that fully or partly play instead of a human.
You can familiarize with the full list of prohibited programs on the official website of PokerStars.