PokerStars Sochi review
PokerStars Sochi is a Russian reservation of the PokerStars global client created for players from Russia. The Stars Group owns the given poker room, therefore the Russian version of the site is not much different from the parent one. Find out more about PokerStars Sochi in a brief review from Cardmates.
There are two main differences between PokerStars Sochi and the global client:
- You will need to choose, which of the two clients to play in. If you register in the Sochi client, then you will not be able to play in the global client, and vice versa.
- There is no Casino in the Sochi poker client.
PokerStars Sochi: soft review
PokerStars is famous for one of the best poker software among other poker rooms. The same is true for PokerStars Sochi. The whole interface and the main lobby are designed in the brand colors of PokerStars. There are filters in the PokerStars Sochi client that help to find the neccessary tournament or table in two clicks.
All players of this room can use the individual game table settings. The usual poker programs, such as: Hold'em Manager, Poker Tracker and others are allowed to be used. It’s possible to download and install PokerStars Sochi on iOS and Android mobile devices.
PokerStars Sochi lobby:
Traffic of the poker room
PokerStars is famous for generating more traffic than other online poker rooms. PokerStars Sochi also attracts enough people to provide an exciting game full of action. Basically, these are Russian players and most of them are recreational ones. On average, about 10 500 people gather at PokerStars Sochi cash tables, and during peak traffic hours, the number of players exceeds the mark of 16 000.
Cash games and tournaments
PokerStars Sochi is replete with game formats that can satisfy any poker player's needs. Here, in addition to the usual Hold'em, you can also find other disciplines: Omaha, Stud and other popular types of poker. The poker room hosts the same tournaments as the global client does.
The variety of formats at PokerStars Sochi is almost as great as in the parent room. Various play limits are available there: from low to high ones. However, the game is more active at low and medium limits. You can play Hold'em, Omaha, as well as Stud, draw poker and different mix games. There is also fast poker ZOOM, Spin & Go and wide variety of Sit & Go and MTT.
At PokerStars Sochi, rake is equal to 5% on average, but its amount should never exceed $5 per hand. When participating in a tournament, rake is included in the entry ticket cost.
Pros and cons of the poker room
- The largest poker room on the Internet.
- Legal game room for players from Russia.
- 100% first deposit bonus.
- High-quality soft with ability to play at all popular platforms.
- There is no Live Chat support.
- Strong pool of players.
- High rake at micro limits.
Deposits and withdrawals
At PokerStars Sochi, players can deposit funds in any convenient way. Usual bank cards, as well as Skrill, Neteller and other Internet payment systems are available there.
PokerStars Sochi official website
At PokerStars Sochi official website, you can download the game client and start playing poker in a matter of minutes.
Promotions and bonuses at PokerStars Sochi
- Free $30 for your first deposit. Make the first deposit of minimum $20 with a THIRTY promo code and get $30 for a free play within 6 days (20 Spin & Go tickets for $1 and $10 cash bonus).
- 100% first deposit bonus. At making first deposit, specify the STARS600 promo code and you will receive a bonus in the same amount as the deposit amount (up to $600). The promotion is valid for the first three deposits made within 60 days.
- The Deal Jackpot. Take part in The Deal game and get the opportunity to win a huge jackpot.
- Cardex. By completing tasks, you can win cash prizes of various amounts, up to $5 000 every day.
- Leaderboards for Spin & Go players – play 10 spins at one limit, get into the leaderboards and receive a prize of up to $1 000 per day.
You will find more information on each promotion and current promo codes on the official website of the poker room.
The lobby, games and tournaments are identical in both clients. The main difference between the Sochi client and the global one is that PS Sochi has neither casino nor sports betting, and sometimes individual tournaments and promotions for Russians are held there.
No, as yet, it's not a must.
According to the PokerStars customer support, Ukrainian and Belarusian players are only able to play on the .COM platform.
Although it’s not a must for Russians to switch to the PS Sochi, if a player from Russia has switched to the Sochi client (accidentally or on purpose), he/she will not be able to return to the global client. The accounts of players from other countries that have accepted the agreement accidentally are transferred back to PokerStars.com (or PokerStars.eu) after contacting customer support.
The withdrawal of funds at PokerStars Sochi is very convenient, and this process doesn’t differ much from making cash out on the main version of the site.