Joe McKeehen wins third WSOP bracelet
On Tuesday, another WSOP Online event collected 496 entries. All players paid a $3 200 buy-in, which allowed the operator to form a prize pool of $1 507 000. The winner was supposed to get a gold bracelet, and this award went to Joe McKeehen.
It was Joe who became a WSOP Main Event champion 5 years ago. Back then, he received $7 683 000 and a coveted gold bracelet. Two years later, the guy captured another bracelet in a $10K WSOP tournament. Now, when the WSOP 2020 is being held online, Joe won his third WSOP trophy in poker career.
WSOP Online #14: final day events
After Chris Ferguson became a bubble boy of the tournament, a few well-known poker players also left the game, but got in the money:
- Maria Konnikova (56th place and $6 031)
- Ryan Laplante (29th place and $8 293)
- Loren Klein (18th place and $11 459)
- WSOP Online #12 champion Ryan Depaulo (16th place $11 459)
There were few famous players at the final table. It should be mentioned Roland Israelashvili’s result, who finished the tourney in third place.
Roland earned $148 000, but again left without a coveted trophy. To better understand the situation, this is his 230th WSOP cash, but the player has not yet managed to win a gold bracelet.
Roland will continue hunting for the bracelet in other tournaments, and we proceed to the heads-up between Joe McKeehen and Frank Funaro. The last had a significant advantage in stack at the beginning of HU: 9 100 000 against 3 200 000.
The 2015 ME WSOP champion radiated aspiration for victory: he pulled himself together and soon started to lead the race. As a result, Joe defeated Funaro, having won his third gold bracelet and $352 000.
WSOP Online: Event #14 results
- Joe "fanofdapoker" McKeehen – $352 000
- Frank "thewholefunk" Funaro – $219 000
- Roland "prngls12" Israelashvili – $148 000
- Zhi Hong "Jaydestar17" Huang – $103 000
- Lee "SoccerDJ" Vlastaris – $72 000
- Clayton "nevarlucky" Maguire – $52 000