HUD in Holdem Manager 3: how to set the program
HUD setting in Holdem Manager 3 is quite an individual case. In this article, we won’t share information concerning the stats which should be imported in HUD or advice you how to distribute the indicators in pop-ups. In the nearest time we will publish information about standard HUD and POPUP Holdem Manager 3 for cash. In this article, we propose you to get acquainted with the main sections for HUD settings. You will find out what a new graphical HUD in HM3 is and how to edit it, how to set the filters and HUD options.
Read the whole material or use the content on the left for a quick transition to the section you are interested in.
HUD setting is the first thing you should do after installation of Holdem Manager 3.
What is graphical HUD?
Graphical HUD is a new visual HUD that appeared in Holdem Manager 3. You can activate it with the help of tray icon by clicking “menu” with the right mouse button and select the option “Use Graphical HUD”.
Please note that it works most effectively with the option “centered preferred seating”.
Supported poker rooms
Graphical HUD supports the default theme in all poker rooms that support HM3.
At the present time, graphical HUD operates at the cash and tournament tables, but not at Zoom (fast poker tables).
Graphical HUD consists of two main parts:
The circular part of HUD shows 3 main statistics: VPIP (а), PFR (b) and AGG in % (c) together with the players’ names (d) and a blue line that displays the number of hands (e).
Besides circle, there is another element that is called “Stat Line” (f). Here you can see “stat values” expressed as a percentage. Several other stats are available and you can switch between them by using the button “page” (circles/ dots) at the bottom (g).
Mark the player by moving a mouse cursor on circle HUD and click the icon “pencil” (h). After it “Note editor” will be opened where you can save a note.
You can move the panels by keeping the right mouse button in the process of the cursor movement.
“Stat Line” concealing
Click the right mouse button on HUD in order to open the menu that will let switching on/off HUD elements and also opening “Player Notes Editor".
Selection of place at the table (Preferred Seating)
Open Holdem Manager 3 and select Tools → Site Settings
Poker Site Settings
- Choose your poker room at the left.
- Click the tab My Seat.
- Use the pop-up menu (3), to choose Specific Seat, Auto Center or None Use Hand History Seat.
- Some specific poker rooms, such as PokerStars, write down selection of seats in the user file. For these poker rooms option None Use Hand History Seat will be used.
- Most poker rooms will use option Specific Seat.
Example for the poker rooms of Winning Poker Network (WPN)
The settings of HUD parameters are carried out in the menu HUD > HUD Options...
Menu “HUD options” operates similar to HUD settings in Holdem Manager 2.
In this section you can:
- Set HUD filters.
- Edit the settings of folded cards “Mucked cards” (the cards of a showdown from the latest hand and EV will be shown).
Also, it is available here the change of HUD profiles in HM3.
Menu operates in a similar way to “Site Options” at HM2.
In this section, you can assign a concrete HUD to sites and games’ types. The important thing is to make sure that there are no inconsistencies in the fixed parameters. If you use concrete assignments, don’t set “ANY” for all settings.
There are more setting parameters for a display in “Advanced” where you can control the next settings:
- The quantity of showed lines of notes.
- Structural groups of stats with a player’s colour (as “Auto Rate Settings” in HM2).
- Allow the transparency (set a phone saturation of HUD).
- Switch on/off the tools for table-selecting.
- A lower non-transparency for the stat groups.
HUD filters are used to filter hands based on the size of the tournament stack or the number of players at the table.
Note: The HUD Filter of the number of players can be combined with the Tournament Stacks filter.
- Open Holdem Manager 3
- Select HUD → HUD Options → General Settings
HUD Filters – number of players
1. Minimum Hands Required: Use this option to tell Holdem Manager when to filter hands based on players at the table. If you have only 100 hands per player, then you may not want to start hand filtering.
2. Option "Stats from the last Hands" and option "Stats from the last weeks".
3. Option "Number of Players Filtered". You can use something similar, as in the above screenshot. The picture shows hand filtering based on heads-up, 6-max and 9-max.
With the above filter you will never mix 9-max hands with 6-max hands or heads-up in your HUD.
HUD Filters for Tournaments
The tournament stacks on the right side of this screen filter the hands based on the number of big blinds that the player has at the time the hand begins. Start by clicking on the “Recommended” button on the right, then adjust the filters to your preference.
Adding of stats and pop-ups and also editing of HUDs in HM3 is carried out through the menu HUD > HUD Editor.
It operates in a similar way to HUD Settings – HUD Designer in HM2.
Pop-up will be chosen in the field of a group.
- Create a new HUD.
- Edit HUD properties.
- Add the stats in HUD.
- Group the stats in the panels.
- Edit the font and align HUDs.
- Make a preview of your HUD at the bottom right.
- Edit stats.
- Export and import HUD (to the right of shortcut “Delete”).
Note that average indicators for the table will be changed right there like a unique HUD.
In the menu “Options” you can import, export, delete, rename, duplicate or replace HUD.
In the upper right corner, there is a switch with the help of which the window of pop-ups’ editing is opened. In order to do it, you should just click “Popup Groups”.
In the upper left corner, you can select pop-up and create a new one or delete the current pop-up and also export or import the pop-ups (to the right of a shortcut “Delete”).
Popup Groups operates in a similar way to HUDs’ editor. You can look through the stats in the pop-up and edit their settings, look through the stats in HUD and make a preview of pop-ups (lower in the right corner), edit the font and alignment.
Stats are added lower in the left corner. Here you can add the horizontal line (such as a lattice line in pop-up’s designer of HM2.
What should you do if HUD does not operate?
- Check whether your played hands are stored by the poker client.
- Make sure that the hands are stored by your poker client in the same folder from which Holdem Manager hitches them. You can check this in the menu HM3 > Tools > Site Settings.
- See whether you switched on auto-import in the menu HM3 > File > Start Auto Import option.
- Make sure that hands are imported in HM3:
- Open Tools > Import Details and proceed to the tab “Live play”.
- You should see an inflow of new hands during the game and also observe them in HM3 > Reports.
If you still cannot see HUD, look whether icon HM3 HUD is on the table.
In the case if no one of the above-mentioned advice helped you, renew the process over again and:
- Make screenshots of a desktop.
- Try to display the tab “Live Play”, watch Windows and watch of a poker client’s lobby.
- Click “Send Feedback” from the left sidebar menu or from the menu “Help” at the top. Send your files logs and config with the detailed description of the problem.
- Send screenshots to a new support system “Support Ticket” or attach them to existing requests.
All the above-mentioned information will help more accurately to find the reason for a problem. If there is not enough data you will be contacted by e-mail and requested for missing information.