DohaPoker was a poker room of Open Poker Network that started to get high popularity among the players in 2015. Poker room’s management attracted the users by means of sweet bonuses in the poker industry:
- 500% bonus for the first deposit up to $10 000;
- Daily freerolls with the prize funds in the amount of $10 000;
- 50% discount for the first 100 tournaments for the depositors;
- Promotions in which the prizes were given randomly every 10 minutes;
When the players made the deposits, some of them were impressed by a large number of tournaments with overlays, and an active cash-game was carried out even at the highest limits almost 24 hours per day.
Later, it was found out that DohaPoker turned out to be a fraudulent room which didn’t focus on creation of the best playground, it was only interested in the players’ deposits. Experienced Belarusian poker player Leqenden was the first one, who opened poker community’s eyes and got the impression from play at DohaPoker.
The player informed the other with 99,9 % probability that bots and super-users mainly played there and saw the opponents’ cards. Leqenden presented evidence concerning it:
- He has never seen the same nickname at the two cash-tables simultaneously;
- Nobody answers in the chat during the game;
- The same number of users constantly play;
- The same timing for making decisions;
- Inadequate play of the opponents: the players go all-in with random cards every fifth hand;
- Strange hands and endless coolers;
Poker community believed Leqenden and began to carry out an investigation. It was found out that DohaPoker turned out to be a Ukrainian poker room that disguises itself as Arabic one and it is engaged in fraudulent activities. It doesn’t have any operating license. Nikolay Ivanuh was the founder of the poker room.
DohaPoker isn’t operating now. The amount of damage is unknown and according to some estimates, the swindlers earned from $100 000 to $2 000 000.