Dice poker rules
Dice poker is the most unusual game among the many poker types, because it looks like card poker only because of combinations. The ancient Egyptians and Romans played it. In order to fully enjoy the game, you need to learn the rules first. In this article, we will try to explain you in an understandable manner how to play dice poker.
How to play dice poker
Five hexagonal dices (in simple words – cubes) are used in the game. Before the first throw, the players make bets in the pot. The game’s goal is to score as many points as possible, by collecting combinations of 5 dices.
There are two stages in the game: the essence of the first stage is to collect as many dices of the same rank as possible. The essence of the second one is to collect the best combination.
The first stage
At the first stage, the players throw dices and try to get three or more dices of the same rank. Three throws are allotted for this. After the first throw, the dices for intended combination are put aside. The remaining dices are thrown again. After the three throws, the result is put into the table. If three dices of the same rank appeared, then it is noted that combination is completed. If less number of dices or more ones appeared, then the difference multiplied by the rank of dice is put in the table with a minus or plus sign.
- Ones – -1, for example, 1, 1, 2, 3, 6
- deuces – 0, for example, 2, 2, 2, 3, 5
- triples – +3, for example, 3, 3, 3, 3, 4
- fours – 0, for example, 1, 4, 4, 4, 5
- fives – -5, for example, 2, 3, 5, 5, 6
- sixes – +6, for example, 1, 6, 6, 6, 6
After all the players completed the first stage, an intermediate result is summarized. If the player has a sum which is more or equal to zero, then he is added +50 points.
The second stage
In the second stage, the players should make the following combinations:
- pair – two dices of the same rank, for example, 2, 2.
- two pairs – two dices of the same rank and two dices of another rank, for example, 3, 3 and 6, 6.
- set – three dices of the same rank, for example, 1, 1, 1.
- small straight – the sequence of four dices 1, 2, 3, 4 or 2, 3, 4, 5 or 3, 4, 5, 6.
- big straight – the sequence of five dices 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 2, 3, 4, 5, 6.
- even number – five dices with an even number of points 2, 2, 4, 4, 6 or 2, 2, 2, 4, 6.
- odd number – five dices with an odd number of points 1, 3, 3, 5, 5 or 1, 1, 1, 1, 5.
- full house – “pair” plus “set”, for example, 1, 1, 3, 3, 3.
- four of a kind – four dices of the same rank, for example, 4,4,4,4.
- poker – five dices of the same rank, for example, 5, 5, 5, 5, 5.
- chance – five dices of any rank, for example, 1, 2, 4, 5, 6.
Point scoring and determination of winner
After the completion of the second stage, the final scoring of points is carried out. Then, the points of all players are added up, this amount is divided by the number of players, thus the average number is found. This average number of the players’ points determines the winning or loss for each
Dice poker combinations
The game can be played on the Internet and it considerably facilitates the process of points’ scoring.
The peculiarity of dice poker is that it is a 100% game of hazard, since there is no sound logic in throwing the dices, chance makes things right. Although, actually, there were exceptions in this matter, as the whole techniques of throwing the dices exist. It seems unbelievable, but there were a couple of people in the history who managed to throw dices in a manner which allowed them to get the necessary combination. It is a kind of trick which is achieved by means of hours-long practice. The casino closed the door for the most agile "dice throwers", so that's something.
So if you want to play poker, but you don’t have cards, you can use dices. Dice poker is not particularly popular online.