Stephen Chidwick’s biography
For several years, the British player Stephen Chidwick has turned from a regular grinder to one of the best poker players. During his poker career, the guy has won over $32 000 000. Despite Chidwick’s great success, many people believe that the poker player is at the very start of his career.
Stephen started to play poker at the age of 16. At first, he played freerolls for play money. The things were doing well in free tournaments, therefore Chidwick decided to play for real money.
The Briton joined online poker when this game format was developing rapidly. At the beginning of his career, Chidwick played under the "Stevie444" screen name. By the age of 25, the player had built a bankroll in the amount of $3 000 000 in online poker, now this amount exceeds $5 000 000.
For the first time, Stephen took part in a live tournament at the European Poker Tour in Prague. A month later, Chidwick played at the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure. The guy received his first big win in the turbo tournament cost $1 000 at the PCA 2008. For winning the event, he earned $88 760 in prize money.
The peak of Stephen’s performance falls on the end of the 2010s. Now, Chidwick is more involved in live tournaments than playing online events. According to the guy, online tournaments lost their attractiveness, and as for offline poker, guarantees are constantly increasing and there are always interesting events to take part in.
Interesting facts about Stephen Chidwick:
- Before playing poker, Stephen wanted to become a professional golfer.
- In 2018, Chidwick topped the Global Poker Index (GPI) rating and became the first Briton to achieve such a result.
- Stevie444 is one of the best players in single-table tournaments Sit & Go.
- Chidwick is considered the most successful poker player of the US Open Poker Championship.
- In 2019, Chidwick played in the most expensive tournament in poker history – the Triton Million for £1 000 000. The Briton took 4th place in the given event and won more than 5.3 million dollars.
- For a long time, the guy was called one of the best poker players without a bracelet, but in 2019, Stephen won his first WSOP bracelet, after all.
- The poker player’s wife’s name is Maria, and in 2019, the couple had a daughter.