Hossein Ensan‘s biography
Hossein Ensan is a German poker player, who moved from Iran to Germany in 1990. Hossein started to play poker when he was just 18 years old, but he began to get seriously involved in the game relatively recently – since 2012. However, the player showed a good progress and earned over 12 millions of dollars in the live tournaments.
His best result is the 1st place in WSOP Main Event 2019 where he got $10,000,000 and gold bracelet. The victory in Main Event allowed Hossein to reach the 7th place in the list of the most successful players in Germany where the competition is very high.
He also won the seniors event at EPT Barcelona festival, and almost in a week Ensan earned $860,090 for the 3rd place in EPT Main Event 2014. In December 2015 Hossein took the 1st place in EPT Main Event in Prague and got $825,150. In October, 2017, Ensan became the winner of WSOP Circuit Main Event in Rozvadov and got $219,000.
Interesting facts about Hossein Ensan:
- Hossein Ensan is an Iranian-German professional poker player. He moved to Germany at the age of 25 and now he lives in Münster.
- Before poker Hossein worked as a painter.
- Ensan is a Muslim, he's married and has a daughter.
- He is the oldest champion of Main Event since the time of Noel Furlong in 1999 and is considered the second German champion after Pius Heinz.
- It is the third time when WSOP Main Event Champion title has gone to an Iranian-born competitor.