Dario Sammartino's biography
Dario Sammartino is a professional Italian poker player from Naples. As a rule, parents stay against gambling games when it comes to their children, but it’s not about Sammartino’s family. Dario first familiarized with the game after his grandfather passed away. It was his father who taught the boy to play poker, and as it turned out later - it was not in vain. Sammartino’s passion for poker was growing with every passing year.
The guy is more famous in live poker, however he can be met at online tables as well. Dario plays online under the "Secret_M0d3" nickname. He has won three Spring Championship of Online Poker tournaments, including No-Limit Hold'em high roller for $21 000 in 2016. For this victory he got $718 000 in prize money. In addition to this, in 2019 "Secret_M0d3" won its first WCOOP title in the high roller bounty tournament for $10,300. The victory brought him $370,000.
Since 2008, the player has participated in prestigious live tournaments. The guy first debuted at the WSOP in 2011. He played in the $1 000 No Limit Hold'em event taking only 207th place and getting $3 088 for it.
In January 2016, he finished third in the $25 000 High Roller event during the PokerStars Caribbean Adventures in the Bahamas, having taken around $550 000 in prize money.
From April to November 2016, the guy played as part of the Roman Emperors in the Global Poker League, but his team missed the playoff.
At the WSOP 2017, Dario perfomed at the final table of the High Roller for One Drop cost $111 111, having finished third and taken home big money of over $1 600 000. That day he lost to famous poker professionals Doug Polk (1st place) and Bertrand Grospellier (2nd place).
In July 2019, the Italian managed to reach the final table of the WSOP Main Event, but lost to Iranian-born player Hossein Ensan in the final heads-up becoming the tournament runner-up. He got $6 000 000 for the second place.
Overall, Dario Sammartino has earned over $14 000 000 in live poker tournaments that makes him number one among best Italian poker players.
Interesting facts about Dario Sammartino:
- Sammartino was taught to play poker by his father.
- In addition to poker, Dario is the head of the company named "Rent, Sell, Cars" which loans out Ferrari cars.
- The 32-year Italian used to play as part of the Roman Emperors in the Global Poker League.
- As of July 2019, Sammartino's live tournament winnings exceed the mark of 14 million dollars.
- Before the WSOP Main Event 2019 occurred, he had earned more than $8 million in live tournaments and was ranked second in the list of the best Italian players. Then he became first in that list.
- His supporting team during the WSOP ME 2019 was wearing T-shirts titled «Super Dario». Poker pros like Liv Boeree and Igor Kurganov were seen among them.
- The Italian played at eight WSOP final tables, two of which he reached in 2019.
Dario Sammartino on social networks:
- Dario Sammartino on Instagram (mad_world87)