Bertrand Grospellier’s biography
Bertrand Grospellier is a famous French poker player, who started to play poker professionally in 2005. For the first time the player cashed in a live event at the EPT Doville 2005 in NLH tournament for 550€. That day Bertrand took the 9th place and earned only 2 000€.
Huge popularity came to ElkY in 2006, when he became the first player to have the Supernova status and joined the PokerStars Team Pro (in June 2006). Overall, his online successes are impressive. In 2008 he took second place at the WCOOP NLHE Heads-Up for 25 000$ and earned 320 000$, and in 2009 the player got two titles as a champion of the series, having won the WCOOP-38 NLH for 530$ (+232 730$) and the WCOOP -43 NLH for 215$ (+263 323$). In 2011, Bertrand added to his online achievements another prestigious title - the SCOOP champion title, after winning the NLHE-tournament for 25 000$.
Grospellier showed his first big success in live event in 2007. He reached a heads-up game with Magnus Peterson at the EPT Main Event in Copenhagen, but finished second. He won almost 400 000$, while a buy-in was 6 500$. As early as 2008, ElkY became the PCA champion, having won a phenomenal 2 000 000$. In 2011 he received a gold bracelet for the first place at the WSOP in a 7-card stud tournament for 10 000$, having won 331 600$. In 2019 Grospellier won his second bracelet at WSOPE in Collosus tournament, thanks to this victory he received $211 000.
Currently Grospellier lives in Prague, he travels the world playing in live tournaments. Bertrand is one of the few players who can boast of the "Triple Crown" in offline (he has the WPT, EPT and WSOP champion titles).
At the beginning of 2018, ElkY left PokerStars Team Pro after 11,5 years of co-operation. Three months later he signed a sponsorship contract with Partypoker.
Interesting facts about Bertrand Grospellier:
- ElkY was born in Melun, France.
- Prior to playing poker, he was one of the best StarCraft players in the world, and in 2001 he even moved to South Korea to start a professional career of a video gamer. Now, Bertrand is a member of "Team Liquid" on Hearthstone.
- Bertrand speaks three languages: French, Korean and English.
- Grospellier is fond of multi-tabling. This fascination allowed him to become the first player in a poker history to get the "Supernova" and "Supernova Elite" statuses on PokerStars. At first he earned 100 thousand game points in 2 weeks and then another million points in 4,5 months.
- Bertrand was a member of the Pokerstars Team Pro for 11,5 years.
- In 2009, ElkY set the Guinness World Record for the maximum number of Sit and Go tournaments played per hour. He played in 62 SNG tournaments for 6,50$ with 23,60$ profit.
- Grospellier is a member of the "Champions for Peace" organization.
- He has participated in the 6th season of "High Stakes Poker" show.
- The poker player likes to experiment with the style, and he changes his looks in different ways.
- ElkY is a co-author of "The Raiser's Edge" poker book.
- The poker player lives in Prague with his girlfriend Jenny.